.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Friday, May 21, 2004

Exposition

Good morrow, dear reader...

You're probably sitting in your comfy little office chair, thinking to yourself, "...oh, look. Another blog. Another one who thinks the rest of the world cares what they think..."

But that's where you're wrong.

I know you don't care. I'm an unknown identity. I don't really exist, as far as you're concerned. I'm just something on the other side of the computer monitor. Just another anomaly from the abyss of cyberspace.

Now that we both understand each other...

I hear you asking, *what is this? what is going on?*

I'm sure -- and this is a gut feeling, mind you -- that you are wondering exactly what this "hyphen-dash" thing is. What kind of sicko names a website for two words that are synonims of the punctuation holding the two words together? I know, you're mouthing the letters "W", "T", and "F" in rapid succession, and I'm pretty sure some of you also affixed a question mark to that.