.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Friday, May 28, 2004

Phone number in the Rye

I need you to imagine this for a moment. I'm sitting in English, and we're taking our final exam for Catcher in the Rye. Our teacher is at the front of the room, watching us.

Another teacher walks by the room, and asks the teacher, "Hey, can you give me a ride tomorrow?" Our teacher says, "Sure, but you have to call me, around six, and remind me." The other teacher says that's fine, and asks if he (our teacher) still has the same number.

Our teacher says, "Yeah," and then proceeds to ask the other teacher to call his home line -- and gives the teacher his home number.

Our teacher turns, faces us, and demands to know why we were laughing.

That was yesterday. Today, he told us that he went to every desk, and erased his phone number from them. One desk had his number written repeatedly, and about three others had his number prefixed with "for a good time, call".

Yeah. We're cruel.

By the way, I got an 85 on the Catcher in the Rye test.