.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Monday, November 29, 2004

I have a goat.

*(That got your attention, didn't it?)*

This year, I'm required to take a half-year course called "Participation in Government". The part that annoys me the most about this class is that we're not actually allowed to participate in class.

That's right. The entire thing is lecture.

And it's all things that you can figure out for yourself. Between the phone book, talk radio, and the internet, there's nothing really new here; it's just a spiffy presentation.

Anyway, our teacher decides that he is going to start the unit on the Media. Okay. Fine.

Well, according to my teacher, I'm a legitimate part of the media, as a "blogger".

But, he did the lesson in such a condescending way. It annoyed me sooo much. It was as though he was insinuating "well, the bloggers are a part of the news media, but you people could never be a legitimate part of the media. It's your job to pay your taxes and mind your damned business."

That's what it seemed like. On one hand, maybe it's just me. On the other hand, they've been doing that to us all along, so it's not like it would make a difference.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home