.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Sunday, May 15, 2005

They're back!

This one's going to seem trivial.

Okay. When I was little, the bank down the street was NatWest -- a contraction of "National Westminster".

Now, the really nice lady at the drive up window always saw me in the back seat, and she would always give me a lollipop. And it was never anything major, it was one of the cheap flat lollipops that they can afford to give away for free.

No big deal.

Okay. Fine.

So then, my first lesson in corporate mergers and aquisitions takes place: Fleet takes over NatWest.

What does this mean to me?

First off, Fleet closes the drive-up window. No big deal. The really nice lady is now a regular teller.

The problem is, Fleet's regular teller's didn't give out lollipops.


Okay, skip to last year.

Bank of America takes over Fleet.

The drive through is still closed.

The only teller that remains, from Fleet, is the nice one, who used to give me lollipops, when it was NatWest.


Okay, so, yesterday, mom decides she has to do so extravagant banking procedure, that actually requires her to be present.

The nice NatWest teller helps her, and then, says, out of nowhere, "I know you're probably a little old for it, but would you like a lollipop?"

And she gave me one!

How cool is that?


</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home