.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Snob.

Okay, I know I'm going to come off as a snob -- indeed, I am -- but I have something that I simply need to say. This is in reference to the Funeral procession for Former President Ronald Reagan, which was televised.

Number one, it is exceedingly poor form to applaud at a funeral, or for the procession. (It's also poor form to applaud at a wedding, but I'm not even going to go there right now.)

Number two, all societal matters aside, applauding will probably spook the horse, and that's really the last thing you need. (That's why you always see race horses with blinders and shadow rolls -- so they aren't spooked by people, or their own shadow.) Horses are very easy to spook.

Yeah. That's really it. I'm done. I'll get off the soapbox now.