.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

There are no good word processors left in the world...

*(Before you ask where I'm going with this, I like meaningless analogies.)*

I remember, in, like, the third grade, when we had Apple computers. When we typed, in school, we used "ClarisWorks". Does anyone remember ClarisWorks?

Does anyone remember At Ease? It was this odd little program, for Mac, that kept all of the icons and things at your fingertips. It must've been for, like, OS 6, or something. I don't remember. All I remember is that I hated it.

Anyway, when you started the computer up, there were three login choices: "student" -- which automatically had At Ease, and you couldn't get it to quit -- "teacher", and "administrator". *(None of the teachers knew how to use the computers terribly well, so they always logged in as students.)*

I'll never forget the day someone got the administrator's password. Everytime I used the computer, I logged in that way *(well, i knew what i was doing)*, and it always annoyed the teachers.

Wow. thread-creap. sry.

Well, AppleWorks has an option to save documents as either "ClarisWorks 4.0" or "ClarisWoks for Kids".

I don't remember ClarisWorks all too well.

But I know that AppleWorks thoroughly suxxors. At least, now it does. If you're running the old AppleWorks, it's okay. The new one is just... wrong. On so many levels.

And, I can't type in Microsoft Word for more than fifteen minutes. It's too condescending. "You can't possibly know how to do what you want. I'll do it for you. We both know the end user is a complete moron."

I can't stand it.

*("And what does this meaningless analogy have to do with anything?", i hear you ask. i'm getting to that.)*

Think about it: the only good word processor is the dinky little program that you use to type your HTML. The rest of the world knows it's there, but they still think you're out of your mind for wanting to use it.

</laukaisyn>

1 Comments:

  • I hate that God-damned paper-clip, too.

    I forgot about him. He decided to pop up during English, for no truly apparent reason. Annoyed the hell out of me.

    By Blogger Kinezumi-Risu, at 12/11/2004 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home