.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Thursday, January 06, 2005

All the news that's fit to blog.

I know I haven't told you any salacious details about my personal life, lately.

That fact of the matter is, there aren't any interesting little details -- not like that, anyway.

But, nonetheless, I shall ramble ceaselessly about my life, for your enjoyment.

First off; I am a legend among eigth-graders. Apparently, I live down the block from one of the miserable little brats them. And he knows who I am. Sort of. So, when I decide to give up my lunch period, to work on an art project *(there are only a finite number of times that the phrase "it'll be awesome... when it's finished," actually works)*, I have to sit in, with an eigth grade art class. In that class, I am exceedingly popular, for no truly apparent reason.

The other major news is that 'CreamOfWheat' broke his arm. You may remember me complaining about CreamOfWheat, in september, or so, for the phrase, "Ki, where's your lock?" Well, at any rate, when I returned to school, he had a cast, on his arm. When I asked him what he had done, he told me he had punched a wall. I politely asked if it was, y'know, one of those nice sheetrock walls that gives way under the force, or... he said it wasn't, and that it didn't move at all. "It sounds painful," "Yeah, Ki, it was."

So, now, I'm sitting here, listening to Japan-A-Radio through iTunes, doing my homework. Now, of course, when I say ""homework", I don't actually mean the assigned homework that my teachers gave me. I actually mean the paperwork for the Scholarship that I'm applying for. I have to write two essays; I figured I'd write the hard one first. The 'hard' one is on the Oil-for-Food scandal, and its affect on the U.N.'s image; the 'easy' one is on my experiences, and what I will bring to the 'community'.

I'm also clearing my mind of Saddam Hussein, Benon Sevan, Kofi Annon, and all of them, by blogging.

Any suggestions -- about hyphen-dash -- are, like, more than welcome, right now.

I think I shattered my mind today, at the Chess club meeting. *(Yes, that's right, I'm a member of the Chess club.)* Anyway, this is the first meeting I've been to that had chess clocks. For those of you who don't know, a chess clock is a clock that measures the time each player is allowed to think or move during his or her turn(s). If you've never used them, they can be... well, to say the least, it's an 'interesting' experience. I won the first game, becasue my opponent ran out of time. I lost the second game, because my opponent caught me in a check-mate. The clock was set to ten minutes each time.

The problem came when we tried to play "bughouse". I'm not sure where "bughouse" came from, but, basically, you have two chess games running simultaneously. Let's say, you're white; your partner/teammate, at the other game, is black. When you take a piece from your opponent, you give it to your partner. Your partner gives you pieces taken from his opponent; and so on. If and when you decide to use these pieces, you put them on the board, as a separate turn. I've been playing "bughouse for about a year and a half; but never with a clock. It was set to five minutes.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home