.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Friday, July 01, 2005

<suck>Apple Firewire cables.</suck>

Okay, so DragonCelt gets himself an iSight.

Sweet ass, I'm thinking to myself, we can videoichat instead of just... ichat... ing... (And, for the record, yes, I do think like that.)

So, we hook up, and we're talking, for all of maybe thirty seconds. He says "Hi." I say "Hi." The other guy in the background says "Hi."

Fine.

All of a sudden: "iChat has unexpectedly quit. Would you like to create an error log and send it to Apple?"

So I try it again.

And we go through the same thing again.

And again.

And again.

Apple has a handful of error reports that just say "yeah. it's ki again."

And we do it again.

Until iChat finally gives me an error that says: "Could not connect to AIM. You have attempted to login to often in a short period of time. Wait a few minutes before trying to login again."

So I go online, and turn to my trusty friend, Google. Type in something like "isight problems ichat", and you get a response.

The sort of response that tells you that "it might be the Firewire cable". The sort of response that tells you that "Apple's sexy thin Firewire cables may not be of adequate quality to withstand normal use."

So, I'm talking to him through the "internal microphone" -- for those of you that don't know your way around the eMac, it's the little hole in the upper lefthand corner, above the monitor. He's using his iSight as a microphone, because it can cope with that.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home