.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I fought the floss and... well, I'm pretty sure the floss won.

See, I think the dentist is cool.

Of course, the dentist I go to is a pediatric dentist. He goes out of his way to make kids feel comfortable with dentistry.

He also has an arcade cabinet of Asteroids in the waiting room. PacMan and the other thing pale in comparison to Asteroids.


At any rate, I had a dentist's appointment. So, okay. Fine. They pick at my teeth a bit. They scrape a bit.

No big deal.

They do that purple stuff, that shows them where the plaque is.

Fine. One spot, front tooth, near the gum.

No big deal.

"Do you floss?"
"Well... no. I can't get in there with--"
"No, see, you have to floss."

So, now I have the hygenist explaining the merits of flossing. She tells me the horrors of not flossing.

She then jams a piece of floss between two of my teeth.
"Ahh."
"See? It's because you don't floss."
"Ah-ahh. Ih eeahhh I ouff if ooo ouwwew." (That translates to: "Uh-uhh. It's because my mouth is too crowded.")
"If you flossed, you'd be more used to this."
"Ah-ahh. I eeff ah oo oaff oooeeveh. Ahh!!" ("Uh-uhh. My teeth are too close together. Ow!")

It went on in that direction, until she finally decided I had had enough, asked me if I really was going to floss -- to which I responded "Well, yeah, I'll try," -- and gave me a roll of floss and a little plastic holder. Then she did the flavored floride thing with the oversized-q-tip, told me not to eat for a half-hour, and sent me on my way.

But now I'm hungry.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home