.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I like sequels. Honest.

It's one thing when you have a dream annually, and, like, every year, it's a continuation of last year's dream.

I can cope with that.


But I keep having these dreams -- and they're all, for the most part, unrelated -- where I'm just wandering aimlessly alongside a highway. And it's always a different highway. And it always leads into a new adventure, because I keep taking new exits.

This morning, I found out where I was going. I'm heading south, apparently. Towards Virginia -- because, apparently, I'm in Maryland.

Yeah. I was wandering along a major road -- it wasn't a parkway or anything, because we all know pedestrains aren't allowed on those. It was just a major road. It lead me to another major road -- Kent Street, I think. Hanging over Kent Street was one of those huge green signs with the white letters. All it said was "3MSJ5". That's it. So I wandered off to the right -- away from 3MSJ5 -- and that took me in a loop, back to Kent Street, and back to the Sign.

I stared at the sign for a bit, before realizing, "Oh! It's the third Maryland State Junction, Number five." (Apparently, in this version of Maryland, there are three sets of Junctions, and this one is number five in the third set.)

So, I take 3MSJ5. And that leads me down to Luke street. And on Luke street, there is absolutely nothing, except for one apartment building.

It's one of those where the staircases are on the outside of the building, so I climb to the ninth floor (of the ten-story building) and decide that I'm going to break into this apartment.

So I do. Do you know why I broke in?

For mouthwash. Or, actually, I may have broken in for toothpaste, but, when I didn't find it, settled for mouthwash. Because I proceeded to pull a toothbrush out of my pocket, and brush my teeth with the mouthwash.

When I checked the front door, the woman who lived there was coming home, so I ran out the back door, and, for some reason, ran into the tenth-floor apartment. I ran through that one, out the front door, and then down all those flights of stairs. Somewhere along the way, I spit out the mouthwash, tapped my toothbrush on the railing, and slipped my toothbrush back into my pocket. (How I got it to fit in there, I'll never know).

And then, I got back on a highway, and started walking again. Walking south. "Toward Virginia."

(Oh, and, on a side note, for some reason, Maryland state license plates, in this dream, are a yellow-to-whtie gradient with black characters -- like New Jersey plates in real life -- and Virgina plates are white, with black characters -- like Marland license plates, without the state seal in the middle.)

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home