.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Friday, October 15, 2004

...and the translation:

Narrator: It is a warm morning in the summer. It is Monday.
(Victor and Francisquita walk onto the stage.)
Francisquita: Victor, you are going to go to the stable this morning?
Victor: Yes, I am going to go now to the stable. And you go now to the Market.
(Both walk offstage.)
(Francisquita is seen walking back onstange.)
Narrator: It sees a handsome man that is asking people for directions.
Jorge: I need to know how to get to my friend's house.
Francisquita: Who is your friend?
Jorge: My friend is a person who went to Harvard.
Francisquita: What coincidence! My husband also was there. He knows people there. Come to my house with me.
(Francisquita walks off the stage with Jorge.)
Narrator: In Victor's home, Francisquita and Jorge arrive.
Francisquita: Take a seat. I will call my husband.
(Victor enters.)
Francisquita: Look here he is.
Narrator: Victor and Jorge exchange glances until Francisquita leaves.
Francisquita: I have prepared lunch.
(Francisquita disappears from the scene but listens to the conversation.)
Jorge: You married a woman?
Victor: Yes, but... I married for the money.
Jorge: It she very rich?
Victor: Yes. His father is a cattle dealer. He sells calfs.
Jorge: But... I thought...
Victor: What? You thought what?
(Francisquita re-enters, with lunch.)
Francisquita: I have lunch...
Narrator: Francisquita knows something is amiss.
Victor: I must ask you to leave.
Jorge: But... I traveled here, from Boston... I traveled, only to speak to you.
(Victor storms off the stage.)
(Jorge is lead to the door by Francisquita.)
Francisquita: I'm sorry... Victor can be very arrogant--
Jorge: No. It's my fault.
(Jorge leaves.)
(Victor re-enters.)
Francisquita: Victor, why did you do that?
Victor: Because... Jorge was my homosexual lover.
Francisquita: But... I thought you loved me!
(Francisquita runs out.)
Narrator: The weekend arrives. Francisquita has disappeared.
Victor: Have you seen my wife? I am the favorite son of Don Anselmo! I deserve to have respect.
Narrator: Jorge arrives and asks Victor what happened.
Jorge: What happened? Why are you sad?
Victor: Francisquita disappeared.
Jorge: Do you have feelings for Francisquita?
Victor: No, but... she has a smile that melted hearts.
Narrator: Francisquita leaves with a boy who works in the stable. He is called "Little snake".
Jorge: It is not a problem. Because I love to you.
Victor: Yes, I always also love to you.
Narrator: Francisquita is very happy with Little snake, and ran away with the Money of Don Anselmo. Victor and Jorge married and lived very happily in Tierra Amarrilla.