.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I bet admissions standards are harder than the actual school.

Now that I've finished the fourth draft of my college essay -- which, by the way, is the first one that I actually like -- I can blog, without too much of a guilty feeling.

As an assignment for English, we had to write a 500 word Autobiographical Essay, which we could then use as our college admissions essay. There are only two problems with that: (1) that's not an option for the school I'm applying to, and (2) they only want 300 words.

So I wrote a tongue-in-cheek, 554-word blog entry for English, and, when I get it back, I'll post it here. *(it's actually pretty good, if I do say so myself. oh well.)*

For my real essay, I wrote 330-someodd words, about my personal experiences. Problem is? The deadline is November 1; but it has to be processed through Pupil Personnel Services, which means the entire thing has to be done by... October 15.

(insert angry, cat-like hissing sound here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home