.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Sunday, October 24, 2004

This is certainly a first...

It's always been "you're so nice," or "you've been so helpful". Today, it was "fucking little bitch."

Allow me to explain.

Today, I was propelled from "professional" -- professional what, I don't know, but something having to do with costumes -- to "shipping clerk".

So I'm in the back, making boxes -- I got a fifteen minute lesson on how to use the tape-gun; previous to that, I was banned from using it -- packing them, and putting the sticky address labels on them.

Fine.

There's this one costume, called "Be My Baby". It's an adult Baby costume. It comes in Pink and Blue.

We had one Pink one, and about a half-dozen blue ones left.

An order came in for the pink one; we had it ready; the order was cancelled.

Brand new, never-been-touched, goes back into the "Be My Baby" box.

Another order comes through for it -- credit card approved, UPS is picking it up at six.

Through an honest mistake, it went out to a customer, who was, shall we say, reluctant to give it back. She specifically took it out of the package, just to spite me. Don't get me wrong, I was being polite about it.

"Do I really have to give it back?"

Mom said yes.

She threw it at me, and called me a "fucking little bitch" -- I missed it, and heard this second-hand, from mom. I ran into the back, to pack it immediately.

She was thrown out of the store shortly thereafter. We don't like it when people abuse the employees.