.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Friday, April 01, 2005

Yay!

Well, Midge and Lorelei are having a rather freaky conversation about Achluophobia. Yup.

Okay, I seriously saw the greatest thing, and I wished I had brought my camera to school. There are a series of display cases, with trophies, around the gym. Each display case has, say, three sports. So the things we're really good at -- girls varsity basketball, for example -- have a lot of new trophies. Whereas the things that we really suck at -- varsity baseball -- haven't been touched since 1972.

No joke.

There's a cobweb strung between two trophies, with a dead spider in it.

You have no idea how much I want a picture of it.

And then there's this really beautiful old trophy. Varsity baseball. It's one of those, "whenever someone wins this one, we'll engrave their name and the year on the little plaque on the base" sort of trophies. The last year on there is 1962; it's tarnshed, and dirty, but it's beautiful. I mean, the base of this thing is, like, black marble. All the new trophies are cold-cast resin, with plastic figures on top. This, you know it's metal. It's tarnishing, the way good silver does, and we all know that plastic doesn't do that.

I want a picture of that, too.

Seriously.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home