.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Y'know the phrase "parking infraction"? This is one of those. I think.

I had a parking infraction, once.

I wasn't caught. No body knew it was me.

See, the thing is, when you say "parking infraction", you immediately think of the lazy dumbass who parks in the firelane. Or the 17-year-old girl who just got her license and parks in the handicapped spot (when she isn't handicapped).

No. This is different.

This took place in the parking lot of the local supermarket.

We got all our stuff, loaded into the cart, brought the cart to our car, and put everything in the back seat. So I go, to put the cart back.

I look both ways, and run across the lane with my empty shopping cart, back toward the store.

I get it onto the curb, and, well, mom was waiting for me, so I didn't bring it to the line of carts; I just kinda left it there.


So I go back across the lane. To mom's car. I finally get there, and I hear a car horn, blaring. I look back, and there is a cart -- my cart -- sitting, square in front of this other car.

It just rolled off the curb.

And this guy thought the cart would move if he honked at it.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home