.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

There is no way to adequately title this post.

Okay. The way the school district is structured here in Nowheresville is downright freaky, and I'll admit it. There are four gradeschools -- the "Nowheresville Union-Free School District" -- and then, an entirely unrelated Junior-high/Highschool.

When you graduate from one of the elementary schools, (or at least, if you graduated six years ago) you get a "yearbook" -- a paperback book, with the sixth grade school pictures of everyone from the four schools. (And it was cool, because there was a great deal of confusion originally between two of the schools, they redrew the lines when we were in the first grade, or something, so the people from those two schools are pretty close.)

Anyway, our school (I don't know if the other schools did this) gave us each, in addition to the "yearbook", a little Autograph book, so that we could get our friends and our favorite teachers to sign it.


I'll be honest. I had forgotten about it.


After the back-to-school dream that I told you all about, I started thinking about that green backpack again. So, I went up into the attic looking for it. Inside, I found this little green book, with "Autographs" etched into it in big gold letters.


So, I brought it back downstairs, brushed the dust off of it, and opened it.

I honestly don't remember half of these people. There are teachers in here that, I honestly couldn't tell you who they were. And then, there are the teachers that, even though there's no possible way I'll ever forget them, they had the common decency to remind me. Like my gym teacher. She specifically wrote "PE" after her name.

And, of course, there are the people I haven't actually spoken to in six years.
Dear Ki,

My Predictions for YOU in the Future:
  1. Frantic Pathology
  2. Geckos... Geckos... Geckos...
  3. More Hardware shows
Be my close friend 4 long, ♥ Jane (not that way).

*(Well, yeah, when I was in the sixth grade, I wanted to be a forensic pathologist -- which no one else could spell -- and I had a soft spot in my heart for home improvement shows and geckos.)*
Dear Ki,

I've never knew how funny you could be till this year. Hopefully you will to stay one and go to Memorial. Here is a song for you:
Geickos, Geickos
I love geickos
I love geickos
Well, we'll always stay friends.

Love, Jill.



...Okay, you get the idea. So, then I thought, "hey, where's Kathryn's?" You have to realize something. What Kathryn did to my High School Yearbook is downright freaky. I gave her three Sharpies™ -- a red one, a blue one, and a purple one, and told her to sign it whereever. I even saved a whole page for her. She took up the whole page. In all three colors.

In the little green Autograph book, it's just her name, in neat print. It's not even the calligrapy-type handwriting we're all used to.

I mean, I know it's real, I remember it.

It's just so... surreal.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home