.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I think I'm the only one not getting it.

I honestly believe that I'm the only one not picking up the clues. But the clues are for me.

Okay. We decided, yesterday, that we needed to do something. We were having a "hall party". That's where we all sit in the hall, and talk, until we come to that point where we come to a lull in the conversation. Then we just stare at each other.

Finally, someone said the inevitable "we need something to do."

That lead to "we need somewhere to go."
"Let's go to Arundel Mills."

Arundel Mills, by the way, is the nearest shopping mall.

That lead to a disection of the bus schedules, dinner, and us actually going to the Mall, to get Nerf guns.


Just so everyone realizes, Arundel Mills is fucking massive.

It's divided into five "neighborhoods".

Somewhere in Neighborhood 2, I think, there's a Gamestop.



...And this would be the part where the story arbitrarily skips back to the seventh grade for no apparent reason. The sixth grade, actually, but, yeah. Whatever.

The Playstation. You know the playstation? I'm talking about the Playstation one. The days when they gave you a demo disc with the system, with demos for, like, twenty games.


You know what I'm saying.

Well, in the seventh grade, I finally got around to a game, buried on that disc, called MediEvil. You may have heard of it. You're a skeleton -- Sir Daniel Fortesque -- brought back from the dead by your old nemesis -- Zarok -- and you have to fight through his undead hoards to get to him. Right. Basic premise. The frst time I saw it, I was horrified, but, after a while, it was my favorite thing. Of course, the demo only had the first two levels -- the Crypt and the Cemetary -- so, naturally, those were the two levels I knew the best.

If I had that game and a playstation, I could do them right now. That's how well I knew Dan's Crypt and the Cemetary -- just from the demo. And the second game came out when I was in the seventh grade.

I still remember part of the cheat code. I never fully memorized it. But the first part is Δ, O, Δ, O, O -- yeah.



Okay. Arbitrarily skip back to last night. Sometime between the bus dropping us off and picking us up. We wander into Gamestop, just to see if they have anything good.

The entire right-hand wall is devoted to games for the PSP. Now, I don't really know much about the PSP other than it's handheld.

But, I glance over. And there, on one of the boxes, in all his glory... is Sir Daniel Fortesque. Directly above him are the words "MediEvil: Resurrection".

There he is, in his not-quite shining armor, missing his jaw and one eye, brandishing his broadsword -- for all the world to see. I pick up the box and skim the back cover. "MediEvil Resurrection puts players in the role of Sir Daniel Fortesque to embark on a gothic journey of redemption to defeat the evil sorcerer Zarok..."

Yup. That's it.



Alright. Fine. So, we all left, after having found nothing of any great value in the $3.99 box.

We bought foam disk shooters, got back on the bus, and came home.


We had our battle -- we know what to do for next time -- and then, we sat and talked.

A hall party, only, in the common room, not the hall.

So, we're sitting, talking... keep in mind, it's me, the Political Science major, talking to a Computer Science major and an Information Systems major. (Almost all my friends are CompSci majors, incedentally.)

The conversation seemd to go in a "when Ki changes her major" direction. They're all well aware of... well, of something.


Of what, I'm not quite sure.



And I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

But I do know that driving to Seven-Eleven on the Subwoofer of a pickup truck at one in the morning is more than fine for me.

</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home