.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

One who rules during the minority, absence, or disability of a monarch

That is the definition of the word "Regent". It goes on to say, "One acting as a ruler or governor; A member of a board that governs an institution, such as a state university."

Yeah.

Well, the Physics Regents this year wasn't as bad as it was the past two or three years, and it certainly wasn't as bad as the semi-infamous Math A regents last year, but it wasn't fun, either.

For those of you who want to test out the Physics exam, and have no problems downloading it in a pdf format... there's a website that has the old exams up, as review. (I think the Oswego distirct runs it.) They don't have the June '04 exam up yet, but, they should have it up some time within the next month. I think. I don't know.

Oh, and, I found out that there is no summer school for Physics, because, there is no August sitting, of the Physics Regents.

I'm not taking any consolation in the local media's silence -- I did a Google Search for "Physics Regents Exam", and the only news sites made references to the June '02 and '03 exams.

But everyone's sick of the Physics Regents, and the damn thing isn't even mandatory...

Seriously. You're only required to have three years' credits (class credits), and you only need two to graduate.

Even if you want an "advanced" Regents diploma, you only need three of the four sciences.

Now I'm freaking out over the A.P. Chem exam. We don't get our grades back until the first week of july. I hope I passed.