.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hyphen-dash

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Road Blog: Day II (June 23)

This is us, mocking all of those Father Knows Best type shows.

"Well, Bud, if you're going to kill your girlfriend, you shouldn't leave her in the trunk. imagine what would happen if your mother went to put groceries in there and found her?"

---

This space has been intentionally left blank.

---

The instructions on a bar of soap: "To use, use like any other bar of soap." I'm sorry, that's just wrong.

---

A bald man, with furry shoulders. "It's Bigfoot Bob!" It was kinda funky. He was bald, and then, he had a burgandy tank-top, and these super furry shoulders. It's like, how'd he do that?

---

If you wash a window, but you always leaves streaks when you wash it, is it ever truly clean?

Are the streaks dirty or clean?

---

World Building, Silver Springs, Maryland.

(You all know what I'm talking about.)

---

Why are [were] there police at Montgomery Blair High School? I see yellow tape, and the police, and it's about 10:03 in the morning... and I see people on the other side -- are they protesting?

---

"Y'know, it's really sad when you have to admit to cheating at Candyland."

---

I found out what the deal was with the police and all and Montgomery Blair High School. The President was there, apparently. And the, uh, protestors...

Well, one was one, like an island or a median, all by herself, and they roped her in with tape. There was another small gaggle, who, I've been told, were just there, ("They were just being liberal", I was told.), and then there was a group of Middle School students who was told, by a twenty-year-old Republican, to "go back to Summer Camp".

You can thank someone who was, like, actually there.

---

The Honors college decided that the regular Roman alphabet was boring. So, rather than be in groups like "A" and "B", we're in groups like "pi", "omicrom", "psi", "alpha", "beta", "gamma" "upsilon", "zeta", "xi", "kappa" and "sigma". It was interesting.

It got confusing, though, because they put the name in Roman letters and the actual Greek symbols on the signs that they gave our groups leaders. And the group leaders for "pi" and "psi" just had to stand next to each other.

And, y'know, yeah, I really know what a psi looks like.

(For those that also don't know what a psi looks like: ψ)


---

Okay, so, I set up my stuff in the dorm. I was literally the second person to sign in. (I decded being first would be a bit... I don't know, pushy.) So, I'm doing my thing, and my room mate for the orientation comes in, says hi, puts her stuff down, and excuses herself to use the bathroom.

(So, now, just so you understand, it's two dorm rooms sharing one toilet/shower. )

She comes back out, and says, "We don't have any toilet paper."

So, we go around, knocking on doors, asking if anyone else has toilet paper (and by "we", I mean "she followed me".)


So she declares that there was a communal public bathroom downstairs in the lobby. We could raid that! So I go bolting down the stairs, three at a time, through the throngs of people, and into this little bathroom; she follows me; and I start unravelling that roll, into a wad.

We go running back, like it was some kind of Mission Impossible sort of thing.


I told someone else that there was no toilet paper. He said "Ok," and calmly walked down the hall toward the stairs. He came back, a little while later, with a roll of toilet paper. Not a wad, a roll.

"Hey, you got the plastic thing open!"
"No."
"No?"
"I went down to the desk, and asked for it."
"Oh... Well, my Mission Impossible thing was so much cooler."
"Ok."


</laukaisyn>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home